Monday, January 07, 2013

How To Clean The Inside Of Your Pencil Case





I recently found this lovely pencil case in the perfect color and I really wanted to use this as a makeup bag but the problem was that I used this case for pencil crayons and whatever and the inside had gotten dirty.

1. First thing I did was flip my pencil case inside out so that the dirty parts were facing out.

You can see where the lead made marks and scratched the pencil case. The seams are the places where the most dirty and lead gather up.
 There are 2 solutions to this problem, I used them both.

Solution 1: 
 1. Take an eraser. Any eraser will do. Try and erase some of the dirt as much as you can. After this step, move onto Solution 2.

Solution 2: 
 You will need:



  • a toothbrush - don't take a brand new one, I usually keep a used toothbrush for projects like these.
  • a jar/bowl - this is actually an extra baby food jar that I had no use for. ( & no, I'm not a mother, I'm still in my teens.)
  • baking soda - baking soda is really cheap, it's about a $1.50 for a box and there are lots of other uses for it too. You can find this in just about any supermarket.
  • some tissue or a towel- you will need this to wipe down the pencil case after. 

 1. Take a teaspoon of baking soda and less than a teaspoon of water and mix them together in your bowl.  Adjust the measurements according to how much you will use and how big your pencil case is.

 2. Mix them together with your toothbrush.


The result should be a smooth paste that should be kind of wet.


3. Take the toothbrush and scoop some of the paste onto it. Then begin rubbing the areas of the pencil case with this paste. After all your paste is onto your pencil case, wipe it off with the papertowel.


After a while, my toothbrush got brownish and I could see that some of the dirt was coming off.
  I don't know if you can see where some of the dirt has come off but it definitely has!

Repeat step 3 over and over until you see the results!



xx

6 comments:

  1. Ugh. I needed this. The insides of my makeup bag are ridiculous after long use. Thanks for sharing!

    Followed.

    -Mia @ M i a B e l l a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I happened to stumble on your blog and decided to be a follower, would you please due the same for me?

    http://www.beautybykrysti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's amazing! By the way I love your pencil case. Its so nice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great and helpful tip! TYSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg thanks so much relly useful will try and see the effect
    does this work with plastic pencil cases

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is really dirty and the whole pencil case is pretty much black on the inside and it is supposed to be blue
    I don’t think this is the website I need for help

    ReplyDelete